With the rise of social networks such as Vine, YouTube, and Instagram, video has become a part of our daily lives. Multimedia communication is a basic way to connect with friends, so it’s only natural that video would make a good communication tool in the enterprise as well. However, video adoption in the enterprise can be a tough initiative to start. Tom Wilde, our CEO, talks about how to create a video culture in this version of our video culture series.
- Video is a powerful tool that can be used in field collaboration, training, sales, and marketing among others.
- When adopting video in your enterprise, pick a particular use case and start small.
- Make sure your video can be viewed across multiple devices.
- Make sure you have the proper tools and technologies, which will help facilitate adoption.
- Ensure that your video is actionable and serves a purpose.
- Proper metadata makes your videos easily searchable and discoverable.
Making video a first-class citizen within the enterprise requires a balance of both cultural changes, meaning identify a specific use cases in showing success where video clearly outperforms other types of communication.